In cooperation with nearby universities, the MPI CEC offers young scientists the opportunity to carry out the research work for their dissertation at the institute.
How can I apply?
- As a university graduate with a master's degree or diploma in natural sciences you can apply to us at any time, either on your own initiative or for advertised positions. You can find our vacancies here
- Alternatively, you can apply for a place at our Max Planck Research School IMPRS-RECHARGE
- The Max Planck Society itself does not grant doctorates. The PhD title is awarded by the respective university at which your supervisor has the right to confer a doctorate. The research and preparation of your thesis, however, will take place at the institute
- Together with your supervisor at the MPI CEC, you will decide on the research topic of your dissertation. Please visit our research pages to learn about our scientific focuses
What we offer:
- An international and excellent research environment with state-of-the-art instruments and laboratories
- Participation in (international) research programs and cooperations
- Intensive support during your doctorate
- Accompanying seminars to deepen your specialist knowledge
What else is important?
- The working language on campus is (mainly) English, and your thesis should be written in the English language as well
- You will receive a grant agreement that combines the scientific freedom of a scholarship with the security of an employment contract. Please see: https://www.mpg.de/doctoral_students for further information
- We offer an annual summer school where students can deepen their knowledge and get to know our scientists
- Every year, the Max Planck Society awards the Otto Hahn Medal to around 35 doctoral students for outstanding scientific achievements